Blog 6: A Subject I Enjoy Studying this Semester

Sociological theory II

Hi chiques! Even though this semester I have not been very motivated by the online classes, today I will talk to you about a subject that I like, at least more than the others.  Well this class is by Professor Hugo Cadenas, who clearly is a sociologist and his subject is quite complicated at times and dense to understand, I find it very entertaining.

 

This is because the professor, at the time of giving the classes, I think he has a very particular way of explaining, and he tells us about the class many times by way of gossip, or in very simple words, which I think is wonderful, is one of the things that I like most along with the subject, for example ".... and Weber didn't get along very well with Durkheim, and told him that his theory was trash". Sincerely, the contextualization of the texts and theoretical thoughts is my favorite part. 



Among some contents we have seen, we have a brief introduction to sociology, to Parsons with his theory of social system, some Goffman with symbolic interactionism and now we are studying Luhman. And well, up until now, we have seen a lot about structural functionalism and I think that is one of the critical approaches that I have liked the most and that has attracted attention.


Well that is all for today, thanks for reading this far, see u ♡ 


 

Comentarios